If you are pregnant and want a healthy baby then make sure you are eating a good nutritious balanced diet!
I am increasingly concerned about Genetically Modified Foods-GMO's. Please inform yourself about the research concerning GMO's and pesticide residues in the food we eat. You owe it to your children and grandchildren to be informed.Here is some important information from Herbalist Susan Weed on Nutrition and Vitamins
Please watch these videos:
Tyrone Hayes & Penelope Jagessar Chaffer: The toxic baby
‘Real Food' Advocate Robyn O'Brien Sheds Light On The Food Industry
Dr. Tom Brewer MD (an expert in pregnancy and nutrition) was able to completely eliminate toxemia and pre-eclampsia and other related complications by stressing a good diet in his pregnant clients.
What is a good, nutritious, balanced diet?
The Tom Brewer DietEveryday of the week you and your baby must have:
Also include in your diet, in addition to the above;
- One quart (4 cups) of milk. Any kind will do; whole, skim, powdered, buttermilk, or one cup yogurt or cottage cheese for each cup milk.
- Two eggs
- One or two servings of fish, shellfish, chicken, turkey, lean beef, lamb, pork.Alternative protein combinations:
Rice with beans, cheese, sesame, milk
Cornmeal with beans, cheese, tofu, milk
Beans with rice, bulgur, cornmeal, wheat noodles,milk
Peanuts with:sunflower seeds, milk
Whole wheat bread or noodles with:beans, cheese, peanut butter, milk, tofu
or for each serving of meat you can substitute these quantities of cheese: Hard cheese - 3 oz. soft cheese - 4 oz.
- One or two servings of fresh, green, leafy vegetables: beet, mustard, collard, dandelion, turnip, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, broccolli, kale, swiss chard
- Five servings of whole grain breads, rolls, cereals, pancakes, waffles, corn bread, corn tortillas, brown rice.
- Two choices from: A whole potato, large green pepper, peach, apple, orange,tomato. (One piece of fruit or small glass of juice).
- Three pats of butter or marg.
- A yellow or orange-colored vegetable or fruit five times a week.
- Liver, if you like it and organic only.
- Table salt; SALT YOUR FOOD TO TASTE!
- Water; drink to thirst
Home Page     Home Birth Supply List
I hope you found this useful and that you have a wonderful pregnancy and birth.
Home and Water Birth Services ~ Danette Condon, Midwife © 2013